Blessed be … the Father of mercies and God of all comfort,who comforts us in all our troubles… —2 Corinthians 1:3-4
Thomas Moore was an Irish songwriter and poet who brought joy to many who saw him perform. Yet, his personal life was troubled by repeated heartaches, including the death of all five of his children. Moore’s personal wounds make these words of his all the more meaningful:
“Here bring your wounded hearts, here tell your anguish; earth hath no sorrow that heaven cannot heal.” This moving statement reminds us that meeting with God in prayer can bring healing to the troubled soul.
If you are broken and sorrowful, take refuge in God and you will feel and know His comfort.
Judge not, that you will not be judged. For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you. And why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye—Matthew 7:1-4
Every wrong thing that I see in other people, God finds in me. Every time I judge, I condemn myself. Why do I use a different yardstick when it comes to others?
Lord, help me not to be critical and judgemental but gracious and kind. In Jesus’ Name, Amen
Genesis 8:1 ‘God remembered Noah…’
– The Lord will not forget you or His promises to you.
– Noah had faced a great flood, but the Lord did not leave him in the flood.
– The Lord intervened and the floods and storms came to an end.
– No matter how great the flood or how dark the storm, HE will remember you!
PRAYER: Lord, thank You that You have promised never to leave me nor forsake me. You will remember me and bring me through the storms of life because I am Your child. In Jesus’ Name, I ask, Amen.
Ephesians 3:17’Christ will make His home in your hearts as you trust in Him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong.’
– As we trust and have faith in the Lord, our relationship with Him is strengthened.
– In the process our roots can grow down deep into His love.
– This will anchor our lives and keep us secure and strong.
– May you know His love and His strength, today and always!
PRAYER: Lord Jesus, I declare that my trust and my hope is in You. I ask that You would come and cause my roots to grow down deep into Your love and that I will stand strong because You are my foundation. Amen.
‘Then Moses raised his hand over the sea, and the LORD opened up a path through the water with a strong east wind.’ Exodus 14:21
– The Lord can work wondrous miracles in your situation.
– He can open up solutions that look impossible from human perspectives.
– He can use the most unlikely things to bring about an answer in a situation.
– You serve a big God and nothing is too difficult for Him.
PRAYER: Lord, I pray that You will move in my situation. May the wind of Your Spirit come and blow away the obstacles and make a way for me to move forward and into Your plan and purpose for my life. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
He will call on me, and I will answer him. Psalm 91:15
It seems so obvious to us that our prayers should be answered. They are things we long for and about which we are burdened. Surely they are good things and would bring glory to God. Why doesn’t God answer? Such questions put faith and patience to the test especially when we reach the point of desperation. You may think that God has forgotten you or angry with you.
May be, He has answered your prayer and it is “no” or may be it is wait, which means His time hasn’t yet come. And when it does, it brings great glory to His Name. If the answer is “no” He may give you something better. Trust the Lord with all your prayers. He is listening to you; He knows what’s best for you.
Titus 2:12 says, ‘..say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age.’
Do you know when we participate in ungodly behavior we get the stench of the world on us. Denying ungodliness means we choose not to watch movies that have swearing, nudity and blatant adultery in them. It means we refuse to participate in backbiting and gossip. It means we guard our thought life, we don’t cheat in exams, and remain upright in our business dealings.
Beloved, the blood of Jesus has washed us. Now don’t keep sinning and putting on the filth of the world!
Ephesians 3:18 ‘May you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep His love is.’
– The Lord longs for us to grasp how great His love is towards us.
– You are valuable and precious to the Lord and He loves you.
– We need His power in our lives to begin to understand His great love.
– May His power work within you so that His love will be a reality in your life!
PRAYER: Lord, give me a revelation of Your love for me. May I begin to grasp and understand this great love and may it change my life forever. In Jesus’ Name I ask, Amen.